Dr. Guarneri leads her team of experts in Conventional, Integrative and Natural Medicine in La Jolla, California, with clients and patients arriving from across the globe. Her cutting-edge Integrative healthcare center is Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla. Here, state-of-the-art Western Medicine meets the best of global healing traditions.
Our philosophy at Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla is simple:
- We believe in a universe of wellness where health is enriched by knowledge both ancient and modern
- Where the most advanced medical science meets body, mind, emotions and spirit
- Where each of us is an aware contributing member of the global community
Our goal is to maximize your health and healing potential.
Our care is personalized, participatory and proactive. Prevention and treatment programs are as unique as you. Your care is customized to fit your health goals utilizing nutrition, hormone therapy, vitamins and supplements, mind-body medicine, fitness and pharmaceutical therapy, as needed.
The entire team at Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla is available for a wide range of services to suit your individual needs. Our signature MD/ND comprehensive assessments are totally unique, providing you the opportunity to set-up a two doctor team who will design your personalized treatment program. Dr. Mimi Guarneri is available to members for ongoing healthcare and to guests for an MD/ND Comprehensive Wellness Assessment and for Cardiology Second Opinions.
You may read more about team members at http://www.pacificpearllajolla.com
- MIMI GUARNERI, MD, FACC, ABOIM - INTEGRATIVE CARDIOLOGIST, MEDICAL DIRECTOR, FOUNDER
- RAUNI KING, RN, MIH, HNB-BC, CHTPI - HEALING TOUCH PRACTITIONER / INSTRUCTOR, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, FOUNDER
- JULIO BALLESTAS, MD – INTEGRATIVE PSYCHIATRIST
- ANN MICHELLE CASCO, L.AC. – ACUPUNCTURIST
- WALTER COHEN, DO – OSTEOPATHIC DOCTOR
- CLAIRE D’ANDREA, RN, CHTP, NC-BC, CCRC – INTEGRATIVE NURSE COACH
- MOIRA FITZPATRICK, PHD, ND, FICPP, FSMI, CHT – NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR, LICENSED CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
- EDWARD A. GOLDBERG, MD – NEUROLOGIST, SLEEP MEDICINE
- OZZIE GONTANG, PHD - PSYCHOTHERAPIST
- MARK KALINA, MD – INTERNAL MEDICINE DOCTOR
- NANCY LONSDORF, MD – MEDICAL DOCTOR, INTEGRATIVE AYURVEDA PRACTITIONER
- ERICA OBERG, ND, MPH - NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR
- VALERIE O’SULLIVAN, CMTC, NCBTMB, LE – MASSAGE THERAPIST, ESTHETICIAN
- TIFFANY RIVERA, HHP, NCTMB. CLMT – MASSAGE THERAPIST
- DANIEL VICARIO, MD, ABIHM – INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGIST, MEDICAL ONCOLOGIST
“We believe health is more than the absence of disease. Nutrition, physical activity, sleep, hormone balance, and enhanced resiliency are the five key pillars to achieving optimal health. We believe in getting to the underlying cause of health challenges. To achieve our vision, we operate on a foundation of membership-based healthcare and world-class specialty services. Members and guests access unique diagnostic and Integrative treatment options. We listen to your goals. We help you reduce your need for prescription medications. Prevention, wellness and health creation are prioritized and importantly, our doctors are experts in helping you put health into action.”
Membership with Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc.
WHY MEMBERSHIP MEDICINE?
We believe that true healing requires a partnership between doctor and patient; that medical decisions should be based upon your needs and preferences. We believe in expertly navigating the healthcare system, guiding you to integrate the best of conventional and natural medicine. Services are typically reimbursed by many HAS, FSA and many healthcare insurance accounts.
Let our team of experts in Conventional, Integrative, and Natural Medicine guide, coach and mentor you towards achievement of total health and wellness. We will quarterback for you no matter where you are in the world – helping you to navigate the healthcare system with our extensive network of world-renowned specialists and incredible resources right here at Pacific Pearl La Jolla. More than Internal medical care, your membership team provides you with the best of Integrative and Conventional state-of-the-art care.
Our Pacific Pearl La Jolla VIP Membership is ideal for world travelers, as well as those living closer to our center. Our 24/7 membership access means your team is available for assistance regardless of your location. Calls for the best care are made internationally to ensure you have appropriate care while away from home. We handle all medical conditions for members and work effectively with all healthcare systems, so regardless of your affiliation or other health care providers, we can help you manage the system and provide the guidance for optimal health and healing outcomes.
VIP Membership includes your office consultations and communication with your team of doctors for the year. Receive prioritized access to your health and medicine experts. VIP members are provided with their team doctors’ cell phone numbers and emails. VIP members receive 10% off purchases from our wellness shop. Enjoy expedited scheduling, plus no charge for in-house phlebotomy and patient electronic health portal.
VIP Membership provides peace of mind that your Guarneri Integrative Health team will champion for you no matter where you are located regarding your health and wellness. Services at Pacific Pearl La Jolla, such as Acupuncture, Osteopathy, Healing Touch and others, outside of your membership team are available to VIP members for standard fees for service.
- Phone, text, and email access to your team
- Expedited and priority scheduling
- Complimentary access to your medical record from anywhere in the world
- Healthcare navigation to specialists locally & nationally
- Health education materials
- Complimentary in-house phlebotomy
- Discounted wellness shop products
- Valet parking
The VIP Membership annual fee is $6200. The number of VIP Memberships is limited in our clinical practice. Dr. Mimi Guarneri, board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Integrative Holistic Medicine, oversees all VIP Membership. The VIP membership team includes specialists personally selected by Dr. Guarneri to provide Internal Medicine and Naturopathic Doctor care. If you are interested in VIP Membership, then following your initial consultation or comprehensive wellness assessment, a decision will be made regarding your on-going care and if VIP Membership is right for you.
GUESTS / FEE FOR SERVICE
There are many ways to become a client of Guarneri Integrative Health. We welcome guests to enjoy many of our healing services, such as healing touch, acupuncture, health coaching, facials and massage. You may call for an appointment. However, if you have a health challenge, we recommend that you start your journey with a comprehensive wellness assessment or initial consultation. After your comprehensive assessment or initial consultation your care provider will discuss the best options for your continued journey to health. See our Meet the Team page.
Dr. Mimi Guarneri only sees VIP members and does initial comprehensive wellness assessments and second opinions.
- Insurance Authorization for Approval of Tests - non-member $225.00
- Blood Draw at Pacific Pearl La Jolla - non-member $35.00
- Prescription Renewal - non-member $35.00
- Calls, emails and care coordination after clinical hours or outside of your clinical appointment - non-member $225.00
APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY
All appointments require 48 hours of weekday notice to cancel or the full fee will be charged. Phone messages, emails or calls after 5 PM on Fridays and through the weekend, or on the eve of a major holiday with an office closure, do not count as part of the 48-hour notice. Cancellations need to go through our front desk appointment team at 858-459-6919.
RECENT MEMBER QUOTE
“When I saw John in Recovery, we agreed that your Concierge Service is worth every penny. I told him that as far as I’m concerned, just this one experience would make it so beyond ‘worth the money’ …for the rest of his life!!!”
- Member since March 2016
Comprehensive Wellness Assessment
More than a medical appointment, this is an opportunity to have the medical and holistic aspects of your health evaluated. You will gain an understanding of the underlying causes of your health challenges and receive a personalized care plan – your roadmap to achieve optimal health.
This intensive appointment with both a medical doctor and a naturopathic doctor includes an intake and physical exam, analysis of your lifestyle habits including diet, physical activity, sleep, and stress. Each appointment will be tailored to your personal needs.
Plan on 2-3 hours for your initial visit. Your first visit will be a 90-minute assessment with both doctors. You may stay for a lab appointment or tests. We will be delighted to give you a tour of our center after your appointment. A follow up appointment is included where you will receive a written report summarizing our findings and mapping out your pathway to health over the next 3-12 months, including recommendations regarding the appropriateness of membership.
Your Comprehensive Wellness Assessment Includes:
- Review of outside medical records and labs
- Physical examination
- Body composition analysis, EKG, spirometry, screening DEXA, EndoPAT or WatchPAT depending on individual needs.
- Medication and supplement review for optimal dosing, potential interactions
- Ordering and analysis of advanced lab testing or imaging including cardiac, genetic, microbiome, hormone, etc. as appropriate
- Personalized health risk assessment including lifestyle and mind-body factors
- Complimentary in-house phlebotomy
- Lifestyle change recommendations and teaching materials to help you put your plan into practice
- Written report with roadmap to achieve optimal health
- Coordination of referrals as appropriate
Your Comprehensive Wellness Assessment Option with Our Healthcare Providers: $1750. with Dr. Mimi Guarneri and an ND or MD.
A one-time consultation for patients seeking Dr. Guarneri’s expertise in Preventive and Integrative Cardiology. Includes full review of outside medical records and personalized recommendations for additional testing, medication, nutrition, supplements and mind-body medicine. Includes EKG, body composition analysis and non-invasive testing of arterial function
Nutrition & Nutraceutical Review
A comprehensive review of your health, current lifestyle and supplement program. This may include micronutrient, hormone, microbiome and food sensitivity testing. We will make individualized recommendations for diet, nutrient repletion and supplements.
Women’s Health and Hormone Consultation
Hormone changes occur throughout a woman’s lifecycle which require support to maintain balance. Our women’s health experts provide regular pap smears, clinical breast exams, hormone testing, plus other gynecological and urinary tract issues. Our goal is to empower and educate you about multiple options including lifestyle change, nutrition, botanicals, bioidentical hormones.
Epigenetics Consultation: Understanding Your Genes
Our genes are not our destiny! Have your genetics tested, or send us your existing, and we will help you understand how you can change your gene expression by changing your lifestyle and personalizing your supplements. Optimize prevention and find explanations for long-standing fatigue, anxiety, allergies, depression, & other chronic conditions.
Digestion and Leaky Gut
Your gut is the foundation of health. Our team will evaluate your digestion and identify the cause of heartburn, problems in elimination, gas and bloating plus support you in restoring your gut flora and microbiome. Identify food sensitivities. Eliminate toxins. Discover medicinal foods, supplemental and herbal support to heal your gut.
Identify and Remove Environmental Toxins
Environmental toxins including heavy metals, mold, pesticides, plastics, household cleaners, and food contaminants invade our daily lives. We provide testing to identify the toxins affecting you. Learn to minimize your exposure and receive a personalized plan to remove toxins and support immune and central nervous system recovery.
Worried about maintaining or improving cognitive function? Our doctors can identify inflammation, toxicity, genetic and behavioral factors in brain health. Programs are designed for individuals recovering from stroke and traumatic brain injury, chronic headaches, dementia, and memory loss.
Pain Resolution Consult
A multi-modality, Integrative consult to understand the root cause and to reduce chronic physical pain of any type. Work to craft a comprehensive plan that may include acupuncture, laser, physical therapy, exercise, nutrition, hypnosis, healing touch and psychological support.
Prepare and heal from procedures and surgery quickly with a personalized combination of nutrients, immune support, IV infusions, homeopathy, hypnosis, healing touch and guided imagery.
Natural Mental Health
Get to the cause and treat anxiety, depression, and stress naturally. This consult reviews: physiological systems that relate to your symptoms, hormones, nutrients, your microbiome, brain, genetics, understanding stressors in your life, beliefs and feelings driving the symptoms. Be guided in transformational journeys and feel supported to make the changes you desire in your life.
Complementary Cancer Care
Feel supported in fully understanding your diagnosis and preparing for conventional treatments through emotional support, hope & the use of visualization. Effective natural approaches i.e., nutrition, supplements and homeopathy help to enhance treatment and reduce side effects. Rebuild your immune system, reduce inflammation and create a healthy lifestyle.
Based on your personalized treatment plan, your doctor may recommend one or more of the following:
- Intravenous Vitamins/Minerals customized formulas to deliver high concentrations of nutrients. Common indications include immune dysfunction, leaky gut, neuro-degenerative conditions, chronic fatigue, nutrient deficiencies.
- Intramuscular Injections if nutrient deficient
- WatchPAT FDA-approved home sleep study that uses the most innovative technology that assesses your sleep patterns and diagnoses sleep apnea in the comfort of your own home.
- EndoPAT FDA cleared non-invasive diagnostic device for assessing of Endothelial Dysfunction (arterial health) A functional test for early detection of underlying disease progression. Endothelial Dysfunction is the earliest detectable stage of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
- Dexcom FDA-approved device that is worn for 1 week to continuously monitor and report blood sugar. Frequently used to evaluate responses to diet & medication changes, as well as for patient education.
- ZioPatch FDA-approved small, discreet heart monitor that continuously records your heart for the diagnosis and monitoring of irregular heart rhythms.
- Ankle Brachial Index noninvasive testing for risk of peripheral artery disease.
- Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA) measures body composition including fat, lean muscle mass and water weight.
- Basal Metabolic Rate Analysis measures your resting metabolism, body fat, and other parameters of metabolism. Used to personalize lifestyle recommendations
- Spirometry A test of your breathing and lung capacity used to assess asthma, reactive airway, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- DEXA Bone density test used for screening osteoporosis. Uses ultrasound technology to assess trabecular bone in the heel.
- Biofeedback a technique that trains you to control your autonomic nervous system for a healthier heart, mind, and body
- Low level laser therapy for pain Stimulates healing and reduces pain using photobiomodulation.
- Echocardiogram a type of ultrasound test to create pictures of your heart, providing information about the size and shape of your heart and how well your heart's chambers and valves are working.
- Carotid Duplex a type of ultrasound test that shows how well blood is flowing through the carotid arteries.
- CIMT carotid intimal medial thickness testing involves non-ionizing radiation and helps rate cardiovascular disease risk.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm a non-invasive procedure using ultrasound to take images and measurements of your abdominal aorta. Screens for an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Cardiovascular Non-Invasive Early Detection Package Ask about our discounted package
- Diagnostic Imaging provided by Cypress Diagnostics
- In-house Phlebotomy
- Advanced functional lab testing including blood, stool, and saliva analysis. Pricing varies based on insurance coverage.
Wellness and Spa Services
Services Available Include:
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Copper Tub Hydrotherapy
- Constitutional Hydrotherapy
- Cold Laser
- Foot Massage
- Professional Peels
The Healing Pearl Package
The ultimate in detoxifying and cleansing sessions, designed to increase circulation and relaxation as you soak in our copper tub filled of herbal infused water. Time in the infrared sauna induces detoxification. Then cool down and recharge as a customized massage boosts your immune system and works deeper muscles, leaving you to feel cleansed and transformed.
An ancient art and science in which very fine needles are inserted into specific points of the body to open up the meridians or energy channels. Other modalities such as cupping, infrared heat, or mild electrical stimulation may be applied.
- Initial Assessment w/ Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Treatments
An effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension through pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massages are customized for each patient, using techniques such as: Myo-fascial release; Trager approach; acupressure; trigger-point therapy; Swedish; circulatory; orthopedic/medical massage; neuromuscular re-education.
- 60 Minute
- 90 Minute
Enjoy massage in your home or hotel room. Call to inquire 858-459-6919
An induced state of deep relaxation during which the client remains fully conscious. Hypnosis facilitates healing from common medical conditions such as insomnia, acute and chronic pain, addictions, depression and anxiety. A certified practitioner guides your focus away from the present reality towards new images, thoughts, perceptions, feelings, sensations and behaviors. Most people experience a comfortable sensation of heaviness or lightness and leave feeling like they have just awakened from a deep, restful sleep.
- 60 Minute
Healing Touch w/Hypnotherapy
Combine these two relaxing treatments in one session.
- Initial Assessment w/Healing Touch & Hypnotherapy
- Healing Touch & Hypnotherapy
A relaxing, nurturing energy therapy which gently assists in balancing your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being through biofield energy to support your natural ability to heal. Safe for all ages and works in harmony with conventional medical care. At Pacific Pearl La Jolla, we have Healing Touch practitioners with decades of experience.
- Initial Assessment w/Healing Touch
- Healing Touch Treatment