Dr. Guarneri leads her team of experts in Conventional, Integrative and Natural Medicine in La Jolla, California, with clients and patients arriving from across the globe. Her cutting-edge Integrative healthcare center is Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla. Here, state-of-the-art Western Medicine meets the best of global healing traditions.
Our philosophy at Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla is simple:
- We believe in a universe of wellness where health is enriched by knowledge both ancient and modern
- Where the most advanced medical science meets body, mind, emotions and spirit
- Where each of us is an aware contributing member of the global community
Our goal is to maximize your health and healing potential.
Our care is personalized, participatory and proactive. Prevention and treatment programs are as unique as you. Your care is customized to fit your health goals utilizing nutrition, hormone therapy, vitamins and supplements, mind-body medicine, fitness and pharmaceutical therapy, as needed.
The entire team at Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla is available for a wide range of services to suit your individual needs. Our signature MD/ND comprehensive assessments are totally unique, providing you the opportunity to set-up a two doctor team who will design your personalized treatment program. Dr. Mimi Guarneri is available to members for ongoing healthcare and to guests for an MD/ND Comprehensive Wellness Assessment and for Cardiology Second Opinions.
You may read more about team members at http://www.pacificpearllajolla.com
- ERMINIA GUARNERI, MD, FACC, ABOIM - INTEGRATIVE CARDIOLOGIST, MEDICAL DIRECTOR, FOUNDER
- RAUNI KING, RN, MIH, HNB-BC, CHTPI - HEALING TOUCH, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, FOUNDER
- MARK KALINA, MD
- MONA EZZAT, MD, ABFM, ABIHM
- ERICA OBERG, ND, MPH
- MOIRA FITZPATRICK, PHD, ND, FICPP, FSMI, CHT
- ANN MICHELLE CASCO, L.AC. - ACUPUNCTURIST
- VALERIE O’SULLIVAN, CMTC, NCBTMB, LE - MASSAGE THERAPIST, ESTHETICIAN
“We believe health is more than the absence of disease. Nutrition, physical activity, sleep, hormone balance, and enhanced resiliency are the five key pillars to achieving optimal health. We believe in getting to the underlying cause of health challenges. To achieve our vision, we operate on a foundation of membership-based healthcare and world-class specialty services. Members and guests access unique diagnostic and Integrative treatment options. We listen to your goals. We help you reduce your need for prescription medications. Prevention, wellness and health creation are prioritized and importantly, our doctors are experts in helping you put health into action.”
Membership with Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc.
This level includes Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM and one Naturopathic Doctor (ND): Erica Oberg, ND, MPH, or Moira Fitzpatrick, ND, PhD. VIP members also have Internal Medical coverage by Mark Kalina, MD.
Natural Health and Medicine Membership
You choose your MD / ND team: Erica Oberg, ND, MPH, Moira Fitzpatrick, ND, PhD, Mark Kalina, MD, Mona Ezzat-Velinov, MD, ABIHM
Let our team guide, coach and mentor you towards achievement of total health and wellness. Your team will quarterback for you no matter where you are in the world – helping you to navigate the healthcare system with our extensive network of world renowned specialists and incredible resources right here at Pacific Pearl La Jolla.
Membership includes office consults and communications with your team of doctors for the year. Receive prioritized access to your health and medicine experts. Members are provided with their doctors’ cell phone numbers and emails for 24/7 contact. Members receive 10% off additional services and purchases from our wellness shop. Enjoy expedited scheduling, plus no charge for in-house phlebotomy and patient electronic health portal.
Please call our Clinical & Operations Manager, Lauren Frey to answer any service or treatment questions you may have as a guest and to see if membership is the best fit for your needs. 858-459-6919.
Comprehensive Wellness Assessment
More than a medical appointment, this is an opportunity to have the medical and holistic aspects of your health evaluated. You will gain an understanding of the underlying causes of your health challenges and receive a personalized care plan – your roadmap to achieve optimal health.
This intensive appointment with both a medical doctor and a naturopathic doctor includes an intake and physical exam, analysis of your lifestyle habits including diet, physical activity, sleep, and stress. Each appointment will be tailored to your personal needs.
Plan on 3-4 hours for your initial visit. Your first visit will be a 90-minute assessment with both doctors. You may stay for a lab appointment or tests. We will be delighted to give you a tour of our center after your appointment. A follow up appointment is included where you will receive a written report summarizing our findings and mapping out your pathway to health over the next 3-12 months, including recommendations regarding the appropriateness of membership.
Your Comprehensive Wellness Assessment Includes:
- Review of outside medical records and labs
- Physical examination
- Body composition analysis, EKG, spirometry, screening DEXA, EndoPAT or WatchPAT depending on individual needs.
- Medication and supplement review for optimal dosing, potential interactions
- Ordering and analysis of advanced lab testing or imaging including cardiac, genetic, microbiome, hormone, etc. as appropriate
- Personalized health risk assessment including lifestyle and mind-body factors
- Complimentary in-house phlebotomy
- Lifestyle change recommendations and teaching materials to help you put your plan into practice
- Written report with roadmap to achieve optimal health
- Coordination of referrals as appropriate
Your Comprehensive Wellness Assessment Options with Our Healthcare Providers:
- Dr. Guarneri with Dr. Oberg: $1,500
- Dr. Guarneri with Dr. Fitzpatrick: $1,500
- Dr. Kalina with Dr. Oberg: $1,100
- Dr. Kalina with Dr. Fitzpatrick: $1,100
- Dr. Ezzat with Dr. Oberg: $1,100
- Dr. Ezzat with Dr. Fitzpatrick: $1,100
A one-time consultation for patients seeking Dr. Guarneri’s expertise in Preventive and Integrative Cardiology. Includes full review of outside medical records and personalized recommendations for additional testing, medication, nutrition, supplements and mind-body medicine. Includes EKG, body composition analysis and non-invasive testing of arterial function
Nutrition & Nutraceutical Review
A comprehensive review of your health, current lifestyle and supplement program. This may include micronutrient, hormone, microbiome and food sensitivity testing. We will make individualized recommendations for diet, nutrient repletion and supplements.
Women’s Health and Hormone Consultation
Hormone changes occur throughout a woman’s lifecycle which require support to maintain balance. Our women’s health experts provide regular pap smears, clinical breast exams, hormone testing, plus other gynecological and urinary tract issues. Our goal is to empower and educate you about multiple options including lifestyle change, nutrition, botanicals, bioidentical hormones.
Epigenetics Consultation: Understanding Your Genes
Our genes are not our destiny! Have your genetics tested, or send us your existing, and we will help you understand how you can change your gene expression by changing your lifestyle and personalizing your supplements. Optimize prevention and find explanations for long-standing fatigue, anxiety, allergies, depression, & other chronic conditions.
Digestion and Leaky Gut
Your gut is the foundation of health. Our team will evaluate your digestion and identify the cause of heartburn, problems in elimination, gas and bloating plus support you in restoring your gut flora and microbiome. Identify food sensitivities. Eliminate toxins. Discover medicinal foods, supplemental and herbal support to heal your gut.
Identify and Remove Environmental Toxins
Environmental toxins including heavy metals, mold, pesticides, plastics, household cleaners, and food contaminants invade our daily lives. We provide testing to identify the toxins affecting you. Learn to minimize your exposure and receive a personalized plan to remove toxins and support immune and central nervous system recovery.
Worried about maintaining or improving cognitive function? Our doctors can identify inflammation, toxicity, genetic and behavioral factors in brain health. Programs are designed for individuals recovering from stroke and traumatic brain injury, chronic headaches, dementia, and memory loss.
Pain Resolution Consult
A multi-modality, Integrative consult to understand the root cause and to reduce chronic physical pain of any type. Work to craft a comprehensive plan that may include acupuncture, laser, physical therapy, exercise, nutrition, hypnosis, healing touch and psychological support.
Prepare and heal from procedures and surgery quickly with a personalized combination of nutrients, immune support, IV infusions, homeopathy, hypnosis, healing touch and guided imagery.
Natural Mental Health
Get to the cause and treat anxiety, depression, and stress naturally. This consult reviews: physiological systems that relate to your symptoms, hormones, nutrients, your microbiome, brain, genetics, understanding stressors in your life, beliefs and feelings driving the symptoms. Be guided in transformational journeys and feel supported to make the changes you desire in your life.
Complementary Cancer Care
Feel supported in fully understanding your diagnosis and preparing for conventional treatments through emotional support, hope & the use of visualization. Effective natural approaches i.e., nutrition, supplements and homeopathy help to enhance treatment and reduce side effects. Rebuild your immune system, reduce inflammation and create a healthy lifestyle.
Based on your personalized treatment plan, your doctor may recommend one or more of the following:
- Intravenous Vitamins/Minerals customized formulas to deliver high concentrations of nutrients. Common indications include immune dysfunction, leaky gut, neuro-degenerative conditions, chronic fatigue, nutrient deficiencies.
- Intramuscular Injections if nutrient deficient
- WatchPAT FDA-approved home sleep study that uses the most innovative technology that assesses your sleep patterns and diagnoses sleep apnea in the comfort of your own home.
- EndoPAT FDA cleared non-invasive diagnostic device for assessing of Endothelial Dysfunction (arterial health) A functional test for early detection of underlying disease progression. Endothelial Dysfunction is the earliest detectable stage of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
- Dexcom FDA-approved device that is worn for 1 week to continuously monitor and report blood sugar. Frequently used to evaluate responses to diet & medication changes, as well as for patient education.
- ZioPatch FDA-approved small, discreet heart monitor that continuously records your heart for the diagnosis and monitoring of irregular heart rhythms.
- Ankle Brachial Index noninvasive testing for risk of peripheral artery disease.
- Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA) measures body composition including fat, lean muscle mass and water weight.
- Basal Metabolic Rate Analysis measures your resting metabolism, body fat, and other parameters of metabolism. Used to personalize lifestyle recommendations
- Spirometry A test of your breathing and lung capacity used to assess asthma, reactive airway, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- DEXA Bone density test used for screening osteoporosis. Uses ultrasound technology to assess trabecular bone in the heel.
- Biofeedback a technique that trains you to control your autonomic nervous system for a healthier heart, mind, and body
- Low level laser therapy for pain Stimulates healing and reduces pain using photobiomodulation.
- Echocardiogram a type of ultrasound test to create pictures of your heart, providing information about the size and shape of your heart and how well your heart's chambers and valves are working.
- Carotid Duplex a type of ultrasound test that shows how well blood is flowing through the carotid arteries.
- CIMT carotid intimal medial thickness testing involves non-ionizing radiation and helps rate cardiovascular disease risk.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm a non-invasive procedure using ultrasound to take images and measurements of your abdominal aorta. Screens for an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Cardiovascular Non-Invasive Early Detection Package Ask about our discounted package
- Diagnostic Imaging provided by Cypress Diagnostics
- In-house Phlebotomy
- Advanced functional lab testing including blood, stool, and saliva analysis. Pricing varies based on insurance coverage.
Wellness and Spa Services
Services Available Include:
- Far Infrared Sauna
- Copper Tub Hydrotherapy
- Constitutional Hydrotherapy
- Cold Laser
- Foot Massage
- Professional Peels
The Healing Pearl Package
The ultimate in detoxifying and cleansing sessions, designed to increase circulation and relaxation as you soak in our copper tub filled of herbal infused water. Time in the infrared sauna induces detoxification. Then cool down and recharge as a customized massage boosts your immune system and works deeper muscles, leaving you to feel cleansed and transformed.
An ancient art and science in which very fine needles are inserted into specific points of the body to open up the meridians or energy channels. Other modalities such as cupping, infrared heat, or mild electrical stimulation may be applied.
- Initial Assessment w/ Acupuncture
- Acupuncture Treatments
An effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension through pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massages are customized for each patient, using techniques such as: Myo-fascial release; Trager approach; acupressure; trigger-point therapy; Swedish; circulatory; orthopedic/medical massage; neuromuscular re-education.
- 60 Minute
- 90 Minute
Enjoy massage in your home or hotel room. Call to inquire 858-459-6919
An induced state of deep relaxation during which the client remains fully conscious. Hypnosis facilitates healing from common medical conditions such as insomnia, acute and chronic pain, addictions, depression and anxiety. A certified practitioner guides your focus away from the present reality towards new images, thoughts, perceptions, feelings, sensations and behaviors. Most people experience a comfortable sensation of heaviness or lightness and leave feeling like they have just awakened from a deep, restful sleep.
- 60 Minute
Healing Touch w/Hypnotherapy
Combine these two relaxing treatments in one session.
- Initial Assessment w/Healing Touch & Hypnotherapy
- Healing Touch & Hypnotherapy
A relaxing, nurturing energy therapy which gently assists in balancing your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being through biofield energy to support your natural ability to heal. Safe for all ages and works in harmony with conventional medical care. At Pacific Pearl La Jolla, we have Healing Touch practitioners with decades of experience.
- Initial Assessment w/Healing Touch
- Healing Touch Treatment