Meet Dr. GuarneriMimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM – Integrative Cardiologist
Board-certified in cardiovascular disease, internal medicine, nuclear cardiology, and Integrative Holistic Medicine, Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM is President of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM) and the Past President of the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM) and served as Senior Advisor to the Atlantic Health System for the Chambers Center for Well Being, among other healthcare systems. Dr. Guarneri currently serves on the Founding Board of the American Board Physician Specialties in Integrative Medicine (ABOIM), and is a Clinical Associate Professor at University of California, San Diego (UCSD). She is co-founder and medical director of Guarneri Integrative Health, Inc. at Pacific Pearl La Jolla in La Jolla, California, U.S.A. since 2014, where she leads a team of experts in conventional, integrative and natural medicine.
Among many awards and honors, Dr. Guarneri has been recognized for her national leadership in Integrative Medicine by the Bravewell Collaborative and has served as chair of the Bravewell Clinical Network for Integrative Medicine. In 2009, Dr. Guarneri was honored as the ARCS Foundation Scientist of the Year. In 2011, Dr. Guarneri was the winner of the Bravewell Physician Leadership Award which honors a physician leader who has made significant contributions to the transformation of the U.S. healthcare system. More recently, she received the 2012 Linus Pauling Functional Medicine Lifetime Achievement Award from the Institute for Functional Medicine and the Grace A. Goldsmith award from the American College of Nutrition. Ranked as number six of the 100 Top Physicians Practicing Integrative Medicine by Newsmax in 2015, she also was honored with San Diego Magazine’s Woman of the Year Awards as Health and Wellness Pioneer 2016 for her outstanding leadership. Dr. Guarneri also co-founded and serves on the board of Miraglo Foundation, a nonprofit, charitable organization.
Dr. Guarneri has been extensively honored for her work. In 2016, she received San Diego Magazine’s Woman of the Year Awards, 2016 Health and Wellness Pioneer recognizing her development of the San Diego region into the forefront of Integrative Medicine with the two integrative centers she co-founded and her creation and co-direction of several national conferences in San Diego that annually attract the leading speakers in their fields and thousands of healthcare professionals from across the U.S.
Her research, health and medicine recognition and awards include:
- Lights of LightBridge Award 2016, LightBridge Hospice Community Foundation
- Grace A. Goldsmith Award 2012, The American College of Nutrition
- Linus Pauling Functional Medicine Lifetime Achievement Award 2012, Institute for Functional Medicine
- Bravewell Physician Leadership Award 2011, The Bravewell Collaborative;
- Inner IDEA Inspiration Award 2011, IDEA Health & Fitness Association
- Scientist of the Year Award 2009, ARCS Foundation – San Diego Chapter
- Project Concern International Honorary for Southeast Asia 2008, Project Concern International
- UCSD Most Outstanding Outside Facility 2007,University of California, San Diego
- Nominated Finalist Bravewell Award for Integrative Medicine 2005, The Bravewell Foundation
- Recipient Frontiers In Medicine Award Scripps Foundation 2004, Scripps Foundation
- Nominated Finalist Bravewell Award for Integrative Medicine 2003, The Bravewell Foundation
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Mimi Guarneri is a highly-sought international presenter and educator. An engaging speaker, she has a broad range expertise that can be tailored to physicians, health providers and the consumers. She is skilled in fluid connection between topics, customizing content for specific audiences and leading conferences, symposiums and panels.
Her featured areas include:
- Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Health as an Economic Strategy
- Mind-Body Connection
- Impact of Stress on Aging and Health
- Science of Nutrition and Nutraceuticals
- Treating the Whole Person Mind, Body Spirit
- Impact of Community on Health and the Planet
- Integrative Health and Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Creating a Multidisciplinary Healthcare Team
- Transforming to an Integrative Health and Medicine Practice