- President and Founder, AIHM
- Presenter, National and International Conferences
- Patient and Public Event education
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, UCSD
- Professor, The Great Courses series, The Science of Natural Healing
- Director/Advisor for Scripps Annual Natural Supplements Conference
- Director/Advisor for Scripps Annual Holistic Nursing Conference
- Director/Advisor for Annual AIHM Conference
- Grand Rounds across the United States.
- Training Healthcare Professionals to Transform to an Integrative Practice
- Preceptorships and Professional Clinical Rotations
Dr. Guarneri takes both a global and a local approach to education, as evidenced by her leadership positions. On a local scale, she works directly with students, professionals, patients and the public in a range of educational platforms from clinical rotations to free, public educational presentations for the monthly Pacific Pearl La Jolla Community Lecture Series.
Her focus on engaging a global community of health professionals in training, leadership, interprofessional collaboration, research, and advocacy has placed her at the top of the field nationally. Her emphasis on education is to ensure that high-quality care is accessible to all, that healthcare embraces all global healing traditions to promote the creation of health.
Integrative Medicine is now a recognized specialty with board certification. Dr. Guarneri serves on the Founding Board of the American Board Physician Specialties in Integrative Medicine (ABOIM) and is President of the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (AIHM). Through her leadership with principals in the AIHM, they launched a groundbreaking Integrative Health and Medicine Interprofessional Fellowship Program that traverses three essential categories: health and medical research, education and the environment.
The AIHM vision:
- Where healthcare is about health and available to all
- Where prevention is our foundation and mechanical fixes are embraced when we need them
- Where all healthcare providers work collaboratively to heal body, mind and spirit
- Where sustainability is integrated into our culture, practice and training
You may contact the AIHM for additional Fellowship and educational information. https://www.aihm.org/fellowship/